12/17/09

18 months and a few days

Oh my, this boy is getting big! Has it really been a year and half already? Walter is such a good kid. I'm not saying he doesn't occasionally throw himself on the floor in a full-on tantrum, but those times are few and far between. And they are usually about something incredibly important. I mean, really, why can't he play in the dog food? We can be so unreasonable at times.
He really is a very happy kid. He's curious and loves to pretend. His vocabulary is pretty limited and we're still communicating largely with "yes" and "no," but it seems like hundreds of words are on the tip of his tongue. His babbling is more varied each day and he strings together all combinations of sounds. And Walter is starting to recognize letters. He knows a "B" when he sees one. "U" is another favorite. I think he's learning this love of typography from me.
Walter's room
He is the greatest little snuggler I know. The bedtime hugs are the best – his head on my shoulder and a nice tight squeeze. My favorite time of day. I'm going to soak this up while I can. I know it won't last forever.
Stripes
A trip to the doctor today confirmed that he is doing great and he is still a beanpole. Here are the 18 month stats:
Height: 34" – 90%
Weight: 23 lbs, 7oz – 18%
Click on any photo to see more on Flickr.

No comments: