6/9/10

Bike to work week

It's bike to work week in Madison! I haven't biked to work in years – since before we had Walter. Now that Walter is older and his schedule is a little more predictable, I decided to give it a try again. Sunday night, I packed a bag and Nate found a route for me that would be safe and easy to navigate. (Note: Google maps gives bicycling directions now – a huge help!) My Monday morning commute was perfect. The air was cool, the streets were empty – a beautiful day for biking. It's a 12.5 mile ride and it took about an hour. My ride home was just as nice, only a little warmer in the afternoon sun. I was home by 5:30, had put in a full day of work, and rode 25 miles. It felt great! Sadly, Tuesday was rainy, and today I had evening plans that I needed my car for. It's not realistic to think I can bike to work every day. Weather and busy schedules get in the way. But once a week seems like a reasonable goal, so that's what I'll be shooting for this summer!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hooray! I'm jealous!