8/25/10

The trouble with toddler beds...

... is that the toddler can escape! Walter has had his toddler bed for a few weeks now. I can't say that the transition has gone smoothly, but it has been entertaining. Some scenarios from the past few weeks: 
1:00 am: I hear the creak of a door and the patter of little feet coming down the hallway. Our bedroom door swings open and Walter says, "I want bacon, Mama!"
12:00 am: Nate goes in to check on our crying boy. Walter demands a midnight bath.
2:30 am: I go in to check on our crying boy. He had gotten up and turned off his nightlight. He's standing in the middle of his dark bedroom crying, "I can't find my bed!"
10 minutes ago: Walter comes to the top of the stairs and asks if he can ride the carousel.
We didn't give in to his late night cravings, bath or carousel requests, but I did help him find his bed. He makes sure to keep his nightlight on now. "So I not get lost," he tells me. He's awfully adorable when he's interrupting our sleep.

1 comment:

Barb Bredel said...

Just keep in mind that this is part of the change and accomplishments of your 33rd year!