1/5/13

A little something for the boy

Walter got a guitar for Christmas. I think I've tuned it about 50 times in the past two weeks. I don't know why. He doesn't care what it sounds like. He just strums crazily and within minutes, it's out of tune again. But he loves it and he asked me to make him a strap so it's easier for him to hold while he's crazily strumming. I love it when Walter commissions a project. This sort of thing is so fun to work on. It's new to me - I've never made a guitar strap. It's like a puzzle. What materials do I need? Can I use something I have on hand? How does it all go together? Plus, my little client is happy to help and easy to please. We decided to use this bicycle fabric, purchased two and a half years ago. Two and a half years it's been sitting in my stash, waiting for just the right thing. I think we put it to good use. He is ready to rock!
Guitar strap
p.s. - If you need a custom guitar strap, I'm your girl. :)

1 comment:

Barb Bredel said...

Hmmmmm.....a guitar and bicycles....sounds like he's ready to ROCK & ROLL! Good job.